In 2016, the Chinese steel market outperformed most expectations thanks to the stabilizing Chinese economy, the progressing supply-side reform and the success in eliminating excess steel production capacity. The Chinese steel industry reaped a total profit of 33.15 billion Yuan RMB in Jan-Nov 2016 compared to a loss of 52.9 billion for the same period 2015.
Will steel producers continue to make profits in 2017? Will the further elimination of excess capacity and the rising raw material costs support stronger steel prices? Will the downstream sectors help maintain the delicate balance between demand and supply? Where will the Chinese steel export be heading with the developed markets closing their doors?
The 15th International Steel Market and Trade Conference, March 22-24, Tangshan, will again bring together leaders and experts of the Chinese and the world steel industries, to address these questions and share their insights on market and price trends.
With the participation of all major Chinese steel enterprises, by their senior executives for marketing and export, steel traders and steel buyers, plus the concurrent business matching arrangements at Lecong Steel World, the world’s largest steel trading center, the conference will be a unique place to locate reliable Chinese steel suppliers and buyers.
Main Topics of the
- Chinese Economy Outlook: Supply-side Structural Reform and its Influence on the Steel Industry;
- China’s Excess Capacity Reduction and its Influence on the Steel Market;
- Chinese Steel Industry and Steel Market Outlook;
- World Steel Market Outlook and Major Regional Steel Markets Update;
- China’s Steel Import & Export: Detailed Analysis and Outlook;
- Performance of the Main Steel Consuming Sectors in China and their Steel Demand;
- Surviving Strategies for Steel Enterprises and Steel Traders;
- The Development of Steel Trading E-platforms;
- Risk Management with Steel Futures.
Who should attend
Procurement and sales managers, executives and analysts of steel producers, steel traders, steel processors and distributors, steel end-users, steel making raw material suppliers and concerned financial institutions, investors, engineering firms and logistics service providers, etc.
More than 300 delegates from 170 companies around the world attended the last conference in Foshan.
|Wednesday, 22 March 2017
|Thursday, 23 March 2017
Plenary Conference and Conference Dinner
- Zhao Hongying, China Railway Material Group Co., Ltd
- Han Weidong, Tianjin Youfa Steel Pipe Group
- Teng Jiawei, Shanghai Futures Exchange
- New Drives• New Paths •New Partners
- Wu Wenzhang, SteelHome
Speakers on the morning of Day One:
- Wang Liqun, China Iron and Steel Association
- Zhu Baoliang, State Information Center
- Li Xiangyang, International Strategy Institute
- Qian Haifan, Maanshan Steel
Speakers on the afternoon of Day One:
- Chen Ye, Shanghai Futures Exchange
- Hu Andong, China Real Estate Association
- Cai Weici, China Machinery Industry Federation
- Shi Jianhua, China Association of Automobile
- Tan Naifen, China Association of National Shipbuilding Industry
- Hu Xiaohong, China Household Electrical Appliances Association
- Liu Rui, Baotou Steel Group
- Wu Yanhui, Fushun New Steel
- Ge Haitao, Ansteel
- Tang Jianyong, China Railway Material Group
- Iron Ore and Coal/Coke Sessions:
- Wang Shumei, Dalian Commodity Exchange
- Liu Shuzhou, China Association of Metal Scrap Utilization
- Lin Guoqiang, Nanjing Iron & Steel United Co., Ltd
- Bai Linlin, Metallurgical Mines Association of China
- Pan Guocheng, Fushun Hanking Mining
- Cui Pijiang, China Coking Industry Association
- Zhang Li, Tianjin Port Coke Port Co., Ltd
- iang Dunshi, China Coal Transportation & Sale Society
- Liu Yong, Jiangsu Taihe Logistics
|Friday, 24 March 2017
1. Business Matching Salon
2. CRU Steel Forum: "Chinese steel exports in a changing world"
3. China Tangshan International Metallurgical Industrial Expo 2017
Speakers on the morning of Day Two:
- Peter F Marcus, World Steel Dynamics, USA
- Raja K Bharathi, P.T.Ispat Indo
- Tomas Gutierrez, Kallanish Commodities
- Shao Chen, Macquarie Securities
- BJ Zhuang, Fortescue Metals Group Ltd
- Robert Williamson, Association of Mining and Exploration Companies
- Christopher Ellis, Metal Bulletin Research
- Zhou Zhou, Singapore Exchange
- Chen Yaping, Platts MVS
- Weichuan Teo, globalCOAL
COMPANIES REGISTERED SO FAR INCLUDE:
|Acerinox Shanghai Co.,Ltd.
||Shanghai Steelhome E-commerce Co., Ltd.
|Angang Group International Trade Corporation
||Sinogiant Steel Holdings Group Limited
|Argus Media Ltd.
||Sinomaterial International Co., Ltd.
|Association of Finnish Steel and Metal Producers
||South East Asia Iron and Steel Institute (SEAISI)
|AVIC International Minerals and Resources Co., Ltd.
||Steel Asia Manufacturing Corp.
|Bahru Stainless Sdn Bhd
||Steel Manufacturers Association
|Benxi Steel Group Corporation
||SWAN GOOSE SHIPPING & LOGISTICS CO., LIMITED
|BV-VEO Standards Technical Co., Ltd.
||Tangshan Shoutang Baosheng Functional Materials Co.,Ltd.
||Thai Wire Products PLC
|Hebei Jinxi Iron and Steel Group Co., Ltd.
||The Japan Iron and Steel Federation Beijing Office
|Hebei Zhuonan International Trading Co., Ltd.
||Tianjin Huayuan Metal Wire Products Co., Ltd.
|International Molybdenum Association(IMOA)
||Tianjin Huayuan Times Metal Products Co.Ltd,
|Jiangsu Province Binxin Steel Group Co., Ltd.
||Tianjin Pipe Int'l Economic & Trading Corporation
|Jiangsu Yonggang Group Co., Ltd.
|Korea Iron & Steel Association (KOSA)
||Vale Minerals China Co.,Ltd.
|Lingyuan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd.
||Weifang Special Steel Group Co., Ltd.
||World Steel Association Beijing Office
||Wu'an Yuhua Steel Co., Ltd.
|Minmetals & Jingyi Futures Co., Ltd.
||XI’AN WEIKEDUO ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD.
|Nanjing Iron & Steel Co., Ltd.
||Xingtai Iron & Steel Corp., Ltd.
|Ovako Imatra Oy Ab
||Yihui Group Co., Ltd.
|Ovako Steel Finland
||YKGI Holdings Berhad
|PT Ispat Indo
||Zhejiang Materials Industry International Co., Ltd.
|QUEEN S International Trading Co, Inc.
||Zhejiang Metals and Materials Co.
|Shandong Huifu Color Steel Co., Ltd.
||Zibo Fengyang Color Coated Steel Co., Ltd.
|Shandong Shouguang Juneng Special Steel Co.,Ltd.
The delegates are asked to fill in and send the
FORM together with THE PROOF OF PAYMENT.
Non-MEsteel Members |
MEsteel members 10% discount
The fee is inclusive of documentation,
translation, conference venues, refreshments, lunches and
dinners, etc and does not include the cost of travel & accommodation.
Venue & Hotel
Southlake Convention and Exhibition Hotel
Address: Lecong Town, Shunde District,
Foshan, Guangdong Province, China
A limited number of rooms have
been reserved at preferential prices at
Tangshan Southlake International Convention & Exhibition Hotel
Cross of Xueyuan Road & Yiwen Road, Tangshan, Hebei Province, China;
Tel: +86-315-2956666; Fax: +86-315-6371171
be made directly with the hotel. Accommodation is not included
in the registration fee and should be paid by delegates at the
hotel check-in. Click here to download the hotel reservation form.
Visas are the responsibility of individual delegates. However,
if you require a letter of invitation, please contact us with your
personal data such as nationality, date of birth, passport
number and job title.